This course can be completed in your own time (it takes 75 minutes to complete)
The Concussion Breakdown is an online concussion education course created by Concussion Coach. It is designed for all stakeholders involved in the identification and management of a concussion including primary and post-primary school staff. The content includes - Concussion 101, Reporting Concussion, Concussion Management, Return to Learn/Work, and Return To Play, Individual Preparation Steps, followed by a post-course assessment. The course also includes continuous recap quizzes, downloadable content, and a post-course Certificate of Completion (after passing the assessment). It takes 75 minutes to complete and users can complete it in their own time and over multiple sessions.
DEADLINE DATE FOR COURSE REGISTRATIONS is Thursday, 1st October 2020 before 4pm
Login below to get a discounted price of €15 (normal cost €25)
Once registration deadline date has passed all registrants will be contacted with details for how to log on to the course.
Note: There is no set date on which you must start the course. However, once you commence the course, you must complete it within 30 days (the course content expires 30 days after you get started).
- Concussion identification
- Breakdown of signs and symptoms
- Debunking myths and misconceptions
- Managing the immediate injury (step-by-step process)
- Concussion logging
Recovery and Rehabilitation
- Post injury medical pathway advice for parents
- Safe return to sport and school
- Managing the recovery period in the classroom
Creating a Culture of Concussion Safety
- Improving concussion reporting rates among students
- Individual teacher preparation steps and preparing collectively as a school