“If you book a course and are unable to attend, please login and cancel yourself from the course”
Date: June 8th 2023
Time: 7:00 p.m. -8.00 p.m.
This webinar will cover the following areas:
· Discussion and review of appropriate SEN policy templates
· Potential of 6 step SSE process to be applied in the improvement and development process.
· Reviewing additional needs in our school given current circumstances.
· Examination of the schools ability to support students at risk through remote learning
· Identifying gaps in the knowledge and skills of the school team.
· Identification of the stakeholders to engage in the reviewing of current policy & practice in SEN.
· Selection of suitable data collection methodologies (reflective questionnaires, focus groups, interviews)
· Collating and analysing data, summarising concerns, prioritising areas for focus and development
· Setting of targets, strategies and actions to be undertaken.
· Roles of various school teams and personnel in the implementation of the revised SEN policy
· Mechanisms to monitor the implementation process and to evaluate the impact of the revised practice and procedures going forward
Dr. Celia Walsh is a former SET, Primary Principal & Director of Waterford Teachers Centre. She completed her M St in SEN in Trinity College, while her Doctoral research at Dublin City University examined the leadership and management of SEN provision in mainstream primary schools. She lectures part-time in educational leadership at the University of Limerick, while also providing online CPD in SEN through the Education Centre network and facilitating school staffs in developing effective SEN policy and practice. Her areas of educational interest include teacher professional networks, promoting school inclusion and developing effective school leadership.
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_sJbGgvNASwewjMJTNxrHtg
|Course Start Date / Time||08-06-2023 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date / Time||08-06-2023 8:00 pm|
The ESCI (Education Support Centres Ireland website lists all available courses and events from Education Support Centres nationwide.
Eir Code: C15 RK03