This course is for staff members and professionals who have started to work in an environment where Lámh is used and covers 100 Lámh signs and how to support a Lámh user.
Qualifications Required: No previous Lámh training required.
Course Duration: 6 and a half hours
· Module One Lámh signs (100+)
· Alternative and augmentative communication (AAC)
· Lámh – brief history and development
· Lámh signing environment
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
· Use the 100+ signs from the Module One Book
· Use Lámh as an effective communication tool
· Contribute to assessment or decision-making around Lámh use
· Participate effectively in an established Lámh environment.
· Combined Module One Handbook and Sign book
· Membership of Lámh Signs Online
· Module One Certificate
· Registration on the Lámh Module One database
Accreditation Achieved: Module One Certificate
Additional Requirements: This course is of most benefit to those who are using Lámh to support a Lámh user and their family currently, as they will have the opportunity to use the signs and skills acquired.
Course Recognised by: Lámh
|Course Start Date / Time||07-12-2019 9:30 am|
|Course End Date / Time||07-12-2019 4:00 pm|
|Location||Navan Education Centre|