Professional Diploma In Teaching Physics
For admission to the Professional Diploma in Teaching Physics programme, successful applicants must have:
- An honours undergraduate degree at level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ), or equivalent.
- Minimum H4 in Leaving Certificate Mathematics (or equivalent) OR 5 ECTS credits in mathematics at NFQ level 6 or above, if not already demonstrated at at NFQ level 8 or equivalent / greater.
- Full current registration as a post-primary teacher with the Teaching Council for Education Sector = Route 2 Post Primary.
- A completed self-declaration form
- The programme is free to eligible post-primary teachers and is fully funded by the Department of Education and Skills as part of the national strategy to support the implementation of STEM education and improve standards in physics education in post-primary schools by increasing the numbers of qualified teachers of physics.
- Full details can be found here