Droichead Post Primary Cluster Meetings 2019 -2020
The NIPT motto is ‘To ask for support is a sign of strength.’
● Cluster meetings take place for NQTs engaging in the Droichead process and are facilitated by NIPT.
● NQTs must attend one cluster meeting (2-hour duration) per term for the duration of their Droichead process and one additional professional learning activity.
● NQTs must have applied for Droichead via the ‘My Registration’ portal on www.teachingcouncil.ie and received a confirmation email prior to attending cluster
● NQTs must attend Cluster Meeting 1 before attending Cluster Meeting 2 and/or Cluster Meeting 3. Cluster Meeting 1 provides NQTs with information relating to all aspects of the Droichead process. Subsequent cluster meetings provide NQTs with opportunities to engage in further professional development and to share their learning from the process with one
● The national schedule for cluster meetings is available on www.teacherinduction.ie. This outlines the timeframe during which cluster meetings take place over the course of the school year. Specific dates, venues and times of cluster meetings are advertised on our website. NQTs must register with this education centre to attend the relevant cluster meeting(s).
● All NQTs in attendance at cluster meetings must sign the register which is returned to the education centre administrator by the associate at the end of the cluster meeting.
● NQTs are reminded to bring Form D (available at www.teachingcouncil.ie) to each cluster meeting they attend as it will need to be stamped at the meeting to confirm their attendance. Maintaining this record is the responsibility of each NQT.
● Cluster meetings are sector specific. Primary and Post-Primary NQTs must attend the cluster meeting(s) that is/are relevant to their sector only. NQTs teaching in Special Schools must attend the cluster meeting relevant to their sector.NQTs should also engage in one other additional professional learning activity as part of their Droichead process. The NIPT Induction Workshop Programme consists of a series of workshops specifically designed for NQTs with a practical classroom focus. NQTs undertaking the Droichead process can attend a workshop as their additional professional learning activity. These workshops are available in our education centre. NQTs must register with their local education centre to attend. The national workshop schedule is available on